Monday, December 22, 2008

The weekend is over,,,

It sucks to be me right now. I would rather be at work than home with Timmy. He is constantly BORED, in fact if I hear him tell me he "I'm bored" one more time I may commit myself. This weekend he had a Holiday Party for most of the day on Saturday. He was home at 3 pm and it began. It was horrible trying to get him to bed and I spent 2 hours going back and forth with him. He wakes me up at 5 am Sunday and then it starts all over again. We have another holiday party to attend from 9-12. We leave home at 8:30 and are the first ones at the party and the last ones to leave. We get home around 12:15 and it starts again, Mom, "I'm bored". When does Hanukah start? I can't wait 5 hours, I'm bored. I do everything I can to entertain him, we watched a PPV movie, we colored, we played with boxes, we colored more during all of this he is saying "I'm bored" Meanwhile it's nasty out, cold raining, sleeting, just crap weather. Then finally it's 5pm and we can go to Aunt Debie's for Hanukah, we light our little menorah, say our prayers and head over to Aunt Deb's.

We give him his one Hanukah gift for the first night, eat some dinner (thanks sis) and then I head home with him since it's a school night. All the way home he is freaking out over his new MP3 player (which I preloaded with his favorite songs and charged). He is having a total meltdown in the car as I drive home, whining, crying, yelling the whole 1.3 miles home. We get in the house and I try to sit with him and show him how to work the new player. He continues to flip out on me, yelling, whining crying, etc. Finally it's 6:30 and time for nighttime meds. I get him to take them and he continues to whine, yell and cry for the next hour meanwhile telling me "I'm bored" . I am trying to get his lunch ready for school and get uniform ready and fold clothes and clean up the house while I am being yelled at by a 7 year old.

Finally it's bedtime, we are struggling to get him to sleep in his own bed so I lay down with him and try rubbing his back and let him watch TV quietly. He can't sit still, he's hot, he's cold, he can't hear the TV, he needs his stuffed animal, he wants a different blanket, etc etc for the next hour. I finally snap, tell him I am done and get up and walk out of the room. He follows me downstairs telling me he is "bored". I tell him to get in his room and go to sleep or there will be one less gift from Santa and Hanukah Harry who is seeing exactly what he is doing, does he care? Hell no! This continues to go on for the next hour and he finally passes out on the couch. I am so wound up, pissed off and frustrated now that I can't fall asleep!.

So it's midnight, I finally go upstairs and go to bed and left him on the couch. Three am he starts again, screaming at me "You left me alone". I tell him you best get to sleep now and he does finally. I wake up this morning and he is in bed with me. OMG.

I have no space, I have no privacy, I am mentally exhausted by this child. He is mentally abusing me and all of the people that are suppose to be providing us with respite and therapy can't seem to work the hours we have allocated so as usual it's all on me and I am losing my mind.

Uggggggggggh, ok I feel better now, tired but better. I am not looking forward to the next 2 weeks. I look at it as four days each week with him home with me screaming "I'm bored" and me running him around like a freaking lunatic trying to keep him entertained. I really feel like I am too old for this, god help me.

2 comments:

br8eyes said...

My heart is breaking for you! Kyle, my autistic child, is going to be 7 in January. Although I am married, I and the one that "deals" with him. He gets into so many things and tears them up to try to see how they work. When he wants something, he will stop at nothing to try to get it. It is hard, evenmoreso that it is holiday break. What's worse is that when he cries, he doesn't shed tears. He is capable of doing it, but it rarely happens. Luckily, I have a teenager and Kyle's younger brother to help me entertain him. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. BIG HUGS!!!

br8eyes said...

Oh, I just did a post that made me think of you...please check it out if you have time. Also, please contact me via the "contact me" button on my blog, I would like to talk to you about something. Thanks and hoping your evening got better!