Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve for a Jewish Girl

Well it's Christmas Eve for the Jewish girl, it's weird because I don't know what to do with myself. My family is busy with their in-law families celebrating Christmas and I am home with my precious sleeping Grandson. He is only part Jewish so I am doing Hanukah Harry and Santa Claus for him. He gets it all! So tonight we watched Santa Claus 3 and put out cookies and milk for Santa and he is actually sleeping in his own bed right now and I am downstairs alone (HUGE for us). So I think I did it right, I put powder on the bottom of my boots and stomped all around the house near the tree (Fake snow) and I drank most of the milk, took a big bite out of the cookies we left for Santa.

So here I sit alone, it's weird lately. I am so tired and down in the dumps, is it the holiday season? I think it's a bunch of things all wrapped up into everything and some days it's just more overwhelming that others. I tend to like Thanksgiving much better than Xmas or Hanukah, maybe because for me the focus is on the positive, all the things I have to be thankful for. Meanwhile Xmas and Hanukah for me mean too much shopping and spending money on things we don't really need and too much time isolated from others. It's weird tomorrow we are driving down to my brothers and I will be there for the day with his family and my sister and her husband but I don't really want to go. I don't want to sit in traffic for 2 hours or more, I don't want to pretend I am happy, I just want to hibernate (as my sister says). Yes I hibernate when I am feeling stressed out.

I guess I am frustrated with everything that is Timmy right now, I have done some research and found that the medication that helps him comes in a melt in your mouth form and that is not suppose to have the weight gain side effects of the pill version. So I call his dr and tell him what's been going on and ask for his suggestions, he doesn't even suggest this version of the medication until I ask him about it and then he says "that's a great idea". Ok so why do I have to be the one to find this option? I mean I pay these people a ton of money to help us and I have to still do all the legwork and research. So the dr calls 3 pharmacies and not one of them have it. He does order it for me and we will be able to get it Friday afternoon. Meanwhile I put him back on the pill version and he is not bouncing off the walls, not manic but OMG he is eating and eating and it's just scary to watch. I know what's healthy but nothing is healthy when you don't stop for 3 hours. He is never full on this med. I think I will just give it to him before bedtime in the evening for now until I get this new version and hope it helps like it did tonight. He is sleeping!! Did I say he is sleeping and it's only 9:30.

Anyway I hope you have a wonderful holiday, whatever one it is you celebrate but for this jewish girl I will be much happier when it is over,,,,

1 comment:

Nana said...

I'll mention that medication to my brother. Jake (my nephew) is obsessed w/ food. He wants to work at Arctic Circle so he can eat all day. He wants to be the manager so he can tell everyone what to do.
I hope you feel less stressed soon.
Happy Holiday's or in your case Happy when it's over.