Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday - Another work week 1/2 gone

Well we made it to Wednesday. I have to say I am really concerned about how Timmy is going to do at the new daycare today. He gets out of school early and will be there at 1:15. I have the "therapist" lined up to go and spend 1-1/2 hours with him there to help with the transition. The daycare folks have been wonderful well with the exception of the "nurse". This woman is a real PITA and feels the need to interfere with everything I set up with the daycare owners. The funniest thing was watching her when the owners were around. She turned into this other person who was sweet and kind vs the one who was giving me the inquisition and telling me how I should be doing everything. Anyway I just need to let it go and realize some people are on a power trip and in reality she has no power over me or Timmy or our situation, she is just a speed bump we can drive right over.

Tonight we have the BA coming over. I am hopeful he can get Timmy to start sleeping in his own room. I really feel like I have no time for unwinding. My house is still a wreck although I did manage to place an order for groceries online and had them delivered last night. This morning I even managed to put something in the crock pot for dinner. Let's hope the 10 hour cook time doesn't ruin it! I need one of those crock pots with a delayed start! I leave home at 6:45 am and done get home until around 5:45 pm, oops that's an 11 hour cook time. Maybe my sweet sister can go by the house and turn it off for me around 4pm. Note to self: Call sister!

Ok so I got almost all of my todo's done from Monday but I still have a ton of things left and even more to do now, here we go,,,,,

1. Start wrapping presents - I have to do this but with Timmy attached to me when we are home it's not easy
2. Clean my house - I hate clutter everywhere, I come home and feel anxious because it's a mess and yet I don't have the energy to get the cleaning done, why is that?
3. Call my sister - I really don't want to forget this one, my dinner will be awful after 11 hours in the crock pot.
4. Do Laundry - Timmy gained 15 lbs while on this new medication(I am titrating him off it now) and all of his school uniform pants are really tight. I bought 12H and then 14H and they are still tight. This is a 7 year old child! Hopefully getting this medication out of his system will help! Ok I can go on and on about this subject. He gets home and will do nothing but eat one thing after another. It seems this medication the doctor in the hospital put him on causes the stomach to block the histamines and he never feels full!. I can't wait to get him off this stuff.
5. Schedule a physical for him since the new daycare needs a physical form filled out and the last physical he had was in the hospital. They will not fill out the form for me. I have 2 weeks to get it done but since it's the holidays well who knows when it will happen.
6. Wrap presents, yes again because I don't even know what I bought and if I have to go shopping again well time is about out.

Today my brain is mush with all of this and I can't even think of what I need to do,,,,,, help me!!

Timmy with his sister Emily making pizza, Emily lives in Connecticut with their maternal Aunt and Uncle. We will save that for another day

4 comments:

Debie Napoleon said...

I got the crock pot covered for you. I'll have to get keys from the boy though.

Call me about wrapping...I have an idea.

Shauna said...

I l♥ve the picture :)

KatBouska said...

What exactly IS PDD-NOS? Have you done any reading on the gluten free diet and autism?? A lot of people are reporting an improvement after putting autistic children on that diet.

Some report better sleeping habits, others report a complete cure, and others report no changes at all. I don't know if it will help you at all, but gluten is not healthy as is and it sure couldn't hurt to try it!!

I bet there are some books out there with more information...

br8eyes said...

I wish I could do something for you! I've so been there...especially with the house! In my opinion, the house gets so out of control sometimes that it is more stressful thinking about cleaning it that it is to just clean it. My advise, the way I got out of it...one room at a time, start with yours or the kitchen or somewhere you can be when you get home. What I can do is pray for you. You and Timmy are in my thoughts and what a lovely picture of him and his sister! Hope you get more of your to-do list done!