Monday, December 15, 2008

It's Monday and I need space and sleep

Wow, it's Monday and I somehow made it through another week. I am soooooo freaking tired. My sweet little boy has decided to wake up at 2:30 am every day since Thursday night and about every 15 minutes tells me he wants something else. He wants TV. He wants food, he has to ask me a question, etc etc. It's bad enough he won't sleep in his own room but even the chaise next to my bed is too close! I can't brush my teeth without him watching let alone go to the bathroom without him banging on the door at least 10 times or even walking right in (yes I know lock the door). I am so whooped right now. I notice the less sleep I get the harder he is for me to deal calmly with. So no sleep for me means lots of yelling and frustration for both of us. So it's Monday morning, I am at work and I have a zillion things to do and all I really want to do is sleep!

Ok the list of things to do:

1. Get milk - there has been no milk in the house for 3 days
2. Get Gas - no choice here cuz I will run out of it soon
3. Wrap Presents - well that would be great if I had 5 minutes without him to even start it
4. Get groceries - running out of fridge food and lunch snacks and juice now, ordered online at Peadpod last night but no delivery until Tuesday night
5. Get the forms to the bus company for afterschool drop off
6. Get the forms to the new daycare and pay them
7. Take Timmy for another physical at his new pediatrician for daycare
8. Call "The Therapist" and "the BA" and "the CMO worker" to be at the daycare as much as possible to shadow him when he starts so that I am setting him up to succeed
9. Pray that he doesn't cuss anyone out at the new daycare because he is overwhelmed
10. Call the bus company and find out what day they will start transporting him
11. Start the DDD paperwork
12. Start the SS paperwork again
13. Go to the drugstore and get his new medication since his old one put 15 lbs on him in 6 weeks.
14. Clean my house (It's a mess)
15. Do the laundry
16. Take a shower and get my hair washed, dried and flat ironed.
17. Work all day at work so I keep my job

I know there is more but I am too tired think of them all .

Oh btw the "therapist" was gentler this time and Timmy responded much better to him. Hopefully he will help Timmy and remember he is 7 years old and not the 10-15 year old child he is used to working with.

4 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

Oh my goodness. I have a non-sleeper too and it is rough, especially on Mondays. Good luck honey!

br8eyes said...

You are an extremely strong womann and I feel your pain. My middle child is high functioning autistic, but not an Aspie. He can be very exhausting at times! He gets up in the middle of the night, several times, just to be near me. I walk him back and rub his back until he falls asleep again, then I try to go back to sleep. Sometimes to no avail. I also have a medically needy youngest son that takes a lot of my time as well. Because of all his little body is going through, he is extremely emotionally sensitive. Pop on by my blog and check it out. I am gathering information to start adding autism on it and will have a page dedicated to that alone. Good luck and happy holidays!!

Jeanne Estridge said...

Five months after my fiftieth birthday, I wound up with custody of my 16-month-old granddaughter (step- , actually). Her mom was making some pretty bad decisions and Children's Services stepped in. A year later, through the grace of the loving God, (and I mean that sincerely and not in a phony, churchy way) Mom figured some things out and the baby went home.

I was also working in IT at the time.

My takeaway from that experience is that:
a) Fifty year old women are not meant to have babies and
b) The reason so few young women are entering the IT field now is because it's darn-near impossible to balance with a family.

My hat is off to you, and my prayers are with you.

Nana said...

Yeah, don't you wish you could just go to bed for a couple of days sometimes. Try the French Dip it will warm your cockles.(whatever they are)