Monday, November 24, 2008

Day 10 - a long weekend and learning to say NO

Well we made it through our first weekend home after 6 weeks in the hospital. We are desperately trying not to regress to our old behaviors (at least I am). It's so much easier to say Yes to everything than it is to say No. Why is that? My persistant child is pushing every 10 seconds to get his own way and I have to stick to my guns and not give in. He seems to be much more stubborn than I am. I am starting to hate the word No, or at least hate the constant of trying to redirect him to another place. He always comes right back to what he wants. It's a learning process for us. I guess he's figured out that if he consistently drives me crazy with something he wants in the past I have given in just to stop the harrassment and now I am not giving in but he hasn't figured that part out yet. I have to untrain the peace keeper in me to just say no. It's not helping in the long run when I say yes even if it is an instant gratification thing for us.

Thought for the day "Just say No and stick to it"

No comments: