Friday, November 21, 2008

A baby step forward in a world not otherwise specified

My favorite local mental health agency just called. They have found him a Therapist and a Behavioral assistant. They are going to give us 3 hours of a Therapist and 10 hours of a BA. Now this is not even close to the recommended hours on his hospital discharge but hey it sure beats what we have now, nothing! I can hope to keep him from regressing and hopefully if they also recommend him needing more than what they are approved for currently it will happen. I am not sure when this will start but today isn't soon enough in my eyes. Next week is Thanksgiving which means it's me and my boy from Wednesday 1:00 pm until Monday am without help unless they get these services in place by then. I guess now is the time to plan how we are going to get through this time and figure out how to stay busy in a positive way.

I have to say the hardest part for me in all of this is having a set schedule and sticking to it exactly. This is what I am told he must have this but it sure is the most difficult thing for me. I mean it's even down to when we eat, shower, watch TV, play a game, etc etc....

Any ideas would be welcome,, so far we have Turkey Day with Auntie, A day with our friends, swimming at the YMCA

I find myself pouring out words, it's like someone turned on a faucet. It's been so insane for so long and I am trying to find a way to make it sane again. Is that even possible? Am I looking for something that is never going to happen? What is sane anyway? Is that a day that goes by without a major meltdown with myself or my GS? Why is it that when he is going to be gone during waking hours I just want to sleep instead of doing something productive, like the damn laundry I hate putting away?

Oh and Happy Birthday Daddy, I miss you every day.

1 comment:

Debie Napoleon said...

Happy Birthday Daddy - I smile at your picture every day.

Love you too sissie!