Sunday, February 15, 2009

Reconnecting - Off Topic Post

I found a person very dear to me I lost contact with almost 30 years ago yesterday on Facebook. She has this special place in my heart and always has. It was amazing to hear her voice, hear about her life, her children, her husband and her triumphs and struggles. I am so proud of the woman she has become. Her children are both in college and doing well. She is now happily married to a wonderful guy and her Mother is still the pain in ass she was when we were younger! She has had some tough medical things come up and she has dealt with them and is dealing with them the way I would expect her to, head on and strong. I wish she lived closer to me so I could give her a hug once in a while. I wish she was closer so she and Timmy could be close. She was like a daughter to me and held me up when I was falling.

It makes me realize that there were some really special people in my life journey so far. People who I lost touch with physically but will always be so special in my heart. With the internet and facebook, myspace, classmates, etc it's easier to reconnect and find these special people. Go out there and look for them, you can never have too many people in your life to love or to love you back. It's worth the effort to find them...

No comments: