Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Friday, the lack of a BA saga continues,,

Happy Friday everyone.

Timmy and I have not been able to find a consistent, knowledgeable and stable Behavioral Assistant since his release from the hospital in November. It's been one calamity of errors after another and it is continuing to happen. It's been 3 weeks since our last flaky BA dropped out of the picture. She was a very nice woman but she couldn't seem to come to our home on a regular basis and put in the hours that we have been allocated. Basically in the 3 weeks she was with us instead of the 30 hours we should have gotten we got 8 hours and lots of no shows. So my CMO worker fired her over a week ago and said she would get us another one. Last night at 9 pm the phone rings and it's a BA but this gentleman lives 1-1/2 hours away and isn't able to commit to us, so we are back to square one with no BA. As all of you are aware my guy lives for consistency and although we have been promised the assistance we are not getting it. It sucks when someone is suppose to be coming over to work with him, he is expecting them and counts the hours and minutes until their arrival and they are a no-show. Guess who has to pick up the disappointment pieces being left behind? Yeap yours truly.

The CMO wanted and tried to push me to put him into residential care, when I refused they promised to provide us with certain in home services. You see the Mission Statement of the CMO in New Jersey is suppose to be keep the family together and the children at home yet here we are 3 months after the promises and the last discharge with very little of what was promised to us to make Timmy successful.

Today I am going to call my CMO worker again and her boss again. I am going to be calm, I am going to be calm and I am going to be calm. I will ask for what was promised to my boy in a kind way and not lose my temper or my patience. I will treat them with respect even though they are giving us none. Perhaps if I do this they will finally help me to help Timmy.

No comments: